Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chapter 3

In Chapter 3, Beers talked a lot about what it means when a teacher says “This kid can’t read.” I really like how she used specific examples of students to show what they could and couldn’t do while they were reading. The examples made it easier for me to understand what exactly each student was struggling with. I also liked that she followed right after that with what good readers do. I think it’s a really good idea to stop and look at what a good reader is doing compared to someone who is struggling with reading. I think one of the most important points in this chapter is that different students need different types of instruction from teachers in order to learn. I think that shows just how important the teacher is in understanding his or her student and what the best approach is in order for the student to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment