Sunday, February 6, 2011

Foot: Just For Fun

When I have spare time, I love to read young adult literature. It is one of my favorite genres to read. Over winter break, I read the Percy Jackson & The Olypians series. I fell in love with the characters in the book after the first few pages. After reading all five books, I had to watch the movie, which is based on the first book Percy Jackson & The Olypians: The Lightning Thief. The movie is completely different than the book, but it was still pretty good. The book was much better though. I would highly recommend this series. Whenver I get a few minutes, I try to read a few pages just for fun.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say I love the Percy Jackson series!? I think they are really nice and are a great way to tie in Greek myths to a course (since there are so many Greek myth references in many different types of literature). I also agree that the movie is completely different than the book. I remember being so excited to see it in theaters and being one of the oldest people in there that wasn't with a person 8th grade and under.

    ReplyDelete