Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Foot: Web gave ‘Twilight’ fresh blood


I really enjoyed reading this article. I had no idea that the Twilight fan base started from Stephenie Meyer’s own website. The Twilight series has an enormous fan base. I think the fan base is so big because a lot of people can relate to the character’s emotions in the book. Personally, I don’t like to read books that are extremely popular. I didn’t start reading the Twilight series until my sophomore year in college. When I started reading the books, the first movie had already been released on DVD. I never really gave any thought to how the books became so popular. I really liked that Meyer’s used the internet as a way to connect with her readers. I think people become more interested in something when there is some type of personal connection. As I was reading this article, I kept thinking that the beginning of Meyer’s online presence really wasn’t that long ago, yet she was one of the first authors to use the internet in that way. Since the internet has become so entwined in my daily life, I forgot how relatively new the internet is.

No comments:

Post a Comment