Friday, April 22, 2011

Foot: Pleasure Reading


One of the books that I’ve had time to read this semester is Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. When I first started reading this book, I didn’t think I would like it. I was happy with Jane Austen’s writing the way it was. I didn’t need any zombies randomly popping up in the text while I was trying to read a romantic novel. Once I actually got into the book, I really started to like it. It’s an easier read than Pride and Prejudice, but it still has the same plot and language that Austen uses in her book. In fact, a lot of the dialogue in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is straight from Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. I’m actually really glad that I decided to read this novel because I really enjoy it.

Reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies makes me want to go back and reread all of Austen’s romantic novels. I’m also a huge fan of the movies that have been made from her books so I’m sure I’ll be re-watching them soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment