Monday, April 25, 2011

Pytash: Final Reflection

I enjoyed our Teaching Literature class this semester. I learned a lot of valuable information that I plan on using once I become a teacher. In class, I benefitted the most from the literary theory classes. I loved the different ways we can teach literary criticism to a class. I think literary criticism is a hard concept for students to understand so that was one thing that I was worried about teaching. I think the activities we did in class were engaging and they really helped to simplify the concept so it was easier to understand. My least favorite assignment for this class and multi-modal was the canonical wiki. I think it’s a great idea and it’s really useful to have different strategies to incorporate in your classroom. I didn’t like this assignment because I had an extremely hard time finding information that I could use in relation to Puritan writers. As I was searching for links to use, I found myself comparing different websites to see which I disliked least. I did find some good sources and videos that I would use, but I had a hard time because there weren’t a lot of sources and some of them wanted you to pay. I think it would improve this assignment if the topics that are harder to find sources required then few hyperlinks. Maybe students could research two topics instead of just one then. Overall though, I really enjoyed this class. I like the idea of pairing classics with young adult literature. Over this summer, I plan to read many of the pairings that are on worksheet that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment